Friend of CASA...
Friends of CASA is a volunteer support group for CASA of Houston County, Inc. It is ideal for community members who don’t have time to commit as a Volunteer Advocate but, in some way want to assist with the mission and vision of our organization. The primary functions include: friend-raising (community awareness) and assisting with the implementation of fundraising/special events. Feedback is encouraged that will help grow, strengthen, and improve our program.
“Friend”raising (Community Awareness)
- Represent the organization at community events, organizations, and with private individuals.
- Act as an ambassador in the community and host/facilitate annual event.
- Assist with development and completion of the event.
- Members should work to secure sponsorships and/or door prizes for events.
- Assist in resource development by implementing fund-raising strategies through personal influence with others.
Basic characteristics of a Friend of CASA:
- Heart for children
- Dependable & Committed
- Understand importance of deadlines
- Team Player
- Good communicator
Ideal service opportunity for church, civic, youth, and/or professional groups!